Total Pageviews

Friday 9 September 2011

My Pokémon

Image
So, I bought Pokemon White, and have to say I was disappointed. Yes, a lot of the game mechanics and graphics had taken some vast improvements from the original games, but what were with the starter Pokémon?! A weird pompous looking lizard thing, that let's be honest, NOBODY chose. A fire pig?? I chose this guy, but I was not happy. And an otter, which is probably the cooler choice, up until the evolution into some weird, spiky...I don't even know what to call it. No, no. The original 151 Pokémon were the best, and here are the 6 that if I lived in that world, I would want to carry around with me, starting with the very important starter Pokémon.


Charmander


Image
In the original Red and Blue games, it was probably a bad idea to choose Charmander when the first two Gym Leaders had teams that a fire-type would be useless against. But I LOVE Charmander. When Pokémon first started in the UK, Charmander was the first card I got and I just loved his design. Bulbasaur and Squirtle are pretty sweet too, but Charmander will always have a special place in my heart. Nothing at all to do with the fact that he eventually evolves into fricking Charizard, a beast of a Pokémon. Seriously, throwing out a Charizard would be the best feeling ever if I was a cartoon with massive eyes and spiky hair.


Vaporeon


Image
Out of the original evolution options for Eevee, I always thought Vaporeon looked the most elegant and seemed like the most useful, especially when I have Charmander with me. So for my water type, Vaporeon seems like the dude to go too. For some reason Flareon seemed too fluffy and Jolteon too, well, spiky. At least with Vaporeon I know that he's either going to be smooth or slimy.

Onix

Image
It is absolute bullcrap that Pikachu managed to down Onix in the anime series; Onix is a beast, sprinklers or no sprinklers. To be honest, when choosing a rock type, it's either Onix or it's Geodude, and for some reason I prefer the idea of having a massive rock-snake on my side than a floating rock with arms.

Scyther

Image
For most people, having a bug type on your team isn't all that - they aren't particularly useful. But does your bug have fricking blades for arms? I don't think so. Serious the coolest looking Pokemon ever; a great design feat from the same people that brought you...

Image

....a mentally challenged ice-cream cone....awesome.


Haunter

Image


If you have to choose between a Psychic Pokemon or a Ghost type, gotta go with Ghost type. I have no idea why Ash let Haunter go off to be some sort of jester for that bratty Gym Leader, because I'd have wanted Haunter on my team all the way to the Final Four. I don't really like his evolution into Gengar, however, just sort of looks like a fat purple guy with good dental work.

Pikachu

Image
Shut up, shut up, shut up. Pikachu may be a typical choice, but when you look at the other electric types available, can you blame me? I mean Electabuzz just never looked right to me, and I can't very well go with Jolteon since I already have Vaporeon on the time. And Voltorb and Electrode?? I don't really get how having Pokemon that look like Pokeballs would help me...and in the series they seemed to self destruct a whole lot, and I'm not down with terrorist Pokemon thanks. And sure I could have gone for Zapdos, but dude, that's a LEGENDARY Pokemon? How would I even catch it? Think about it, geez.


SO there you go, I would however want a special mention to Cubone, Nidorino, Arcanine and Hitmonlee as other favourites, but hey, you can't have them all.

Thanks... I don't know why you read this

Image










No comments:

Post a Comment